Indiana Upland Wine Trail Celebrates March GladnessMarch 7th, 2012
During March 10th, 11th, 17th and 18th, each of the Indiana Upland Wine Trail wineries will offer VIP treatment with wine tasting and guided wine & food pairings. Some wineries may offer tours as well.
This year we are doing an “around the world” event where each winery will feature food from a different country.
2012 Menu items
- Best Vineyards – Cuba – Mango Salsa & Tortilla Chips, Meatballs with Sofrito Sauce and Pita Bread, and Flan with Caramel & Raspberry Sauce
- Brown County – Greece – Spanakopita, Greek Salad, Hummus & Pita, and Baklava
- Butler – South Africa – Boboti (a classic Cape Malayan Curry w/ Meat & Eggs), Vegetable Curry, and Cape Pudding
- Carousel – Brazil – Empadinhas (Brazilian Empanadas with Hearts of Palm), Feijoada (Brazilian Black Bean Stew with Smoked Meats), Arroz Brasileiro (Brazilian-style Rice), Pao de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread), Bolo Mousse de Maracuya (Passion Fruit Mousse Cake), and Quindin (Brazilian Coconut Flan) An email as to which day you expect to visit would be much appreciated to help Sue prepare for this extensive menu
- French Lick – Spain – Tapas served with Crusty Bread (Manchego Cheese, Spanish Chorizo Sausage, Marinated Spanish Olives, Pepper and Garlic Salad) and for a sweet ending, Sangria Blush samples
- Huber – Italy – Traditional Tuscan Soup (made up of Spicy Italian Sausage, Potatoes, Spinach, Crushed Red Peppers, Heavy Cream & Bacon), Italian Bread, and Assorted Cheeses
- Oliver – Argentina – Mendoza-style Beef Empanadas, Arepitas (corn fritters) with Chimichurri sauce, Alfajores (Argentinian Shortbread cookies) with dulce de leche filling
- Turtle Run – France – Beef Bourgandy Soup, Fruit & Cheese skewers, mini brie in a puffed pastry and Eclairs
- Winzerwald – Germany – Gemüsesuppe mit Sauerkraut und geräucherter (Turkey, Sauerkraut & Gewurztraminer Soup), Schweinemedaillons in Weinbrand-Sauce (Pork Medallions & Mushrooms in Riesling Wine Sauce), Rote Grütze (Pinot Meunier & Berries in Cream)
Tickets are just $35.00 each. One ticket allows one person food & wine pairings at all 9 wineries for two weekends.
March Gladness allows four opportunities to visit all nine wineries on the Uplands Wine Trail. A March Gladness ticket may also be used in conjunction with the passport program for the Uplands Wine Trail.
After visiting all nine wineries on the trail and completing your passport with a logo stamp from each winery, you will be given a special “thank you” gift (this year’s gift is two buffet plates, complete with the nifty IUWT logo) & you will automatically be entered into our grand prize drawing at the 2012 Vintage Indiana Wine Festival.